Licensing: What We Do

Licensing Phone Number: 614-387-5688

FAQS about Casino Gaming Employee License Renewals

Every casino operator, casino employee and gaming vendor must be licensed by the Commission prior to participating in the casino gaming business in Ohio. The state’s Casino Control Law requires all persons applying for licensure to establish their suitability by clear and convincing evidence. 

The Commission’s licensing division conducts investigations and determines whether applicants are eligible for licensure. License applicants include casino operators, management companies, gaming-related vendors, key employees and casino gaming employees. All suitability investigations result in a recommendation to the Commission to either grant or deny a license following an extensive background check.

Once a license is granted it is valid for a period of three years and then must be renewed. During this period, the Commission has the authority to reopen a licensing investigation at any time. This ensures that Ohio licensees remain suitable to conduct or participate in the casino gaming business.

Steps to Obtain License

If you are seeking a Casino Gaming Employee license in connection with an offer of employment with a casino in Ohio:

1. You must submit your complete application and all attachments to the human resources department of the casino that indicated an offer of employment to you. The casino will then file the application with the Commission on your behalf. Please consult with your prospective employer for specific instructions on how and where to file your application.

2. You do not need to enclose payment at the time you file the application. Your prospective employer has agreed to pay the application fee on your behalf. However, depending upon company policies that are wholly outside the control of the Commission, your employer may choose to seek reimbursement from you for the amount of the fee paid on your behalf.

If you are seeking a Casino Gaming Employee license and you have not been offered employment with a casino:

1. Contact the Commission’s Division of Licensing & Investigations at (614) 387-5688 or toll free at (855) 800-0058 for more information about the submission of a completed application and all attachments, the criminal records check, and all associated fees, including the amount and acceptable methods of payment.


Looking for a list of individuals and/or entities licensed by the Commission?

Go to eLicense and use the 'Verify a License' feature.

Gambling Progran Help 800-589-9966 Problem Gambling
Helpline 800-589-9966